Date : 14th May, 2015
Language : English
TMOE : TM KI
It was a fantastic meeting for NCTM club No. 173 on 14 May, 2015. Although the meeting room did not have enough space for our activity, it sill fully filled with a worm and comfortable atmosphere there. Yes, TM KI handed all agenda well and did a terrific adjustment for small parts for matching the constrained time of the meeting.
The word of the night : TANGIBLE / INTANGIBLE . For example : Intangible heritage etc.
Shortly, “Tangible” means “touch”, clearly seen to exist. Thus, the opposite is “Intangible “ (i.e. un-touch).
1. TM SH kicked off his first project with title “Time traveler’s lie” as a Ice Breaker. He did not follow stereotyped way on ICE Breaking. he switched normal glasses into a pair of sunglasses with cat-eyed a pattern on it during speaking his wonderful life experience out of Japan. All audience admired it.
2. TM KK, a young Papa, who delivered “I’m a SAMURAI” for first project too.
He listed three words “ KENDO, Hearing Add, English” at beginning.
TM KK had spent 16 years on JAPANESE Kendo, that he learned a lot of the core sprit of Kendo’s way, there are strong mind, manners, and discipline etc. Now, TM KK is one of outstanding representers on Hearing Add. For improving English he married with a lady who is from Malaysia, It a one of clever way for polishing his English.
3. TM MH gave all audience a lot of new concept on daily activity. the title is “Thing big and act clever”, TM MHcited some sayings of John Davison Rockefeller, who was a co-funder of Standard Oil Company in USA.
“Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great” (John D. Rockefeller)
TM MH told us that how thing can be made simple and efficiency.
4. TM MT always delivered her prepared speech with interesting issue.
“Aging society ̶Let’s get old together -“
One of the social issues in Japan recently is “declining number of children with an ageing society“. ageing population is about 25% in Japan. and some of them are living alone or missing. Some of them are suffered by chronic diseases or psychological sicks. These social issues would have an effect to economy growing and public welfare mechanism.
How can we do for these ageing people? there are several ways, examples.
- Sharing a little time with older people during holidays.
- To learn something new before getting old for preventing Alzheimer’s disease etc.
5. TM MA topic is “”Delayed Gratification”. It is related to psychology field.
The theory of delayed gratification was developed at Standard University. a study group made a marshmallow test and researchers found that children who were able to wait longer for the preferred rewards tended to have better life outcomes.
On the other hand, delayed gratification can be called as “self-control“. it means that men are wiling to wait for getting more success in future so they are trying to control their response to temptations. According to the result of testing, those who have learned delayed gratification had outstanding performance on its educational performance .
In evaluation session, TM SY did his role well with wonderful evaluating skill. TM SY also pointed out TM KI seized the atmosphere of meeting well, and adjusted some agenda acc.to meeting situation at right time.
There is one new member jointed our club formally.