The Word of the Evening introduced by TM JZ’s was “philosophy”. His philosophy is “just do it”. What about yours?
Congratulations to the one and only speaker tonight, TM SM. He completed the CC#10 with the speech “Enjoy the Difference” Through his speech he taught us: accept and respect differences between you and your loved ones, and your choices in life will be bigger, so will be the others’. In order to deliver this message, he began his speech by asking us a question “1+1 = ? ”, cited concrete differences between him and his future wife and showed us how accepting differences expanded their horizons. Both of them now try something they used to avoid, appreciate things they did not know before. The evaluator TM OK praised the good beginning, great improvement in his speech skills and the excellent speech structure. He encouraged TM SM to practice more before delivery.
And there was a workshop led by our President IK, the Moments of Truth. The workshop helped the members and the guests understand how the club has been doing, what the club should be working on. The six moments of truth were discussed in groups and comments were reported.
- First impression: friendly, open atmosphere, good location; name tags for guests should be prepared (self filling ones will do). A role of guest relations may be desired?
- Membership orientation: participation in meetings is good; a workshop for new members would be desirable. One-on-one interview would be good to know the needs of the members
- Fellowship variety, communication: warm and enjoyable; core members give a sense of stability to the club.
- Program planning and meeting organization: quite well done; more workshops could be planned.
- Membership strength: announcement of members who leave the club, if possible, reasons for leaving is requested; it is important that the club maintains quality meetings and keep members satisfied.
- Achievement Recognition: quite well done; TMOE recognized the achievement of the members this year together with TM OK based on the activity record in following categories:
Best Table Topic Speaker of the year: TM DA, Best Speaker of the year: TM OK,
Best Evaluator of the year: TM YS, who won the third place at the District 76 (Japan) Evaluation Contest
Best Centurian of the year: TM DA, who won the second place at District 76 Japanese Speech Contest
Congratulations to the winners, and also to the club, all members of Nihonbashi Century, that achieved 10 Distinguished Club Program (DCP) goals, the perfect score a club can get!
Furthermore, we had a ceremony for the outgoing officers. Thank you for organizing meetings and contests, facing a few unexpected events. More than a half of them will remain on board the next term, and we, the members, will fully support you – Right, everyone? Thereafter, the club welcomed Mrs. WW. Her mentor will be TM TS.
The club has now sailed for the 8th year. Let us continue enjoying our meetings☆