The New Year’s first meeting was held at Ningyocho community hall as usual.
President D-san called to order and he introduced his new year’s resolution, “reducing cholesterol".
We had three guests, NP-san coming all the way from US, TT-san and K san.
Today, unfortunately TM A-san did not show up because of her sickness- we hope she will get well soon! TM Y-san kindly took her role, Ah-counter.
TMOE T-san smoothly conducted the meeting. Even though she had a bad cold in the year-end holiday season in her hometown Hokkaido, now she was full of energy. One of the guests later described her as "Joshi Ana (female TV announcer)".
Today's word was "Let it go", which reminded everyone of last year's box office smash, "Frozen".
Prepared Speech Session:
Three TM gave their speeches as scheduled.
1) The first speaker was TM M-san. The title was "My Favorite C's" as her CC#1, The Ice Breaker.
She introduced her life events and experiences with three words started with C; challenge, chance and change. The story was exciting with humorous. Attendees could understand the speaker's personality very well.
2) The second speaker was T-san. The title was "Good present to my mom will be a hearing aid". The story was about her mother suffering from hearing problem. She decided to give her mother a hearing aid. The story was full of love with benefits and downsides of the medical device.
3) The third speaker was N-san. It was story about Rugby world cup and she explains how NZ All Blacks' Haka dance before the play. Her Haka dance demonstration was quite interesting.
Table Topic session.
TM I-san took the role of table topic master. He never finishes his speech without puns, but did anyone notice there were no puns in the meeting?
Three TMs were appointed and asked to come in front of everyone, and then the topic was told. That was actually how the contest was organized. All three topics were the same, "About yourself".
1) TM K-san was appointed. She told people do not often understand her personality, and also she wishes to stop arguing
2) TM Kt-san was appointed. She told a personality diagnosis once says she was a savvy consumer. Also she gave a lot of requests at a Starbucks store and found that coffee actually offered was not so delicious.
3) TM F-san was appointed. He told he was thrifty in the year-end holiday and decided not to go to Hokkaido. Instead, she went skiing Nagano by bus with full of young students. He was the oldest on the bus.
TM I-san ended the table topic session with his advice, PPF; “Past”, “Present” and “Future”. A table topic speech with “PPF” elements gives strong impressions.
4) TM O-san was appointed. She successfully made an impromptu speech, which was in line with the provided topic. After all, TM O-san won the best table topic award.
TM P-san evaluated TM S-san's speech. The structure is interesting and audience found easy to follow the story.
TM S-san evaluated TM T-san's prepared speech. The evaluation was educational.
TM W-san (Otoosan) evaluated TM N-san’s prepared speech. The title was attractive and the highlight was dancing.
Monthly membership fee was discussed.
And then the visitor K-san's new membership was approved unanimously. Everyone rose to their feet and read aloud the NHB Toastmaster Promise to the new TM K-san. Also his mentor "Otoosan W-san"was announced just after that.
We were also happy to hear one of the guests T-san saying he wants to join our club.
The meeting adjourned on schedule.